The Philippine Librarians Association Inc. (PLAI) in partnership with the National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA) through the National Committee on Libraries and Information Services (NCLIS) and the National Library of the Philippines (NLP), will be conducting its Annual National Congress on November 25-27, 2015 in Laoag City, Ilocos Norte. This year’s Congress theme is “ASEAN 2015: Borderless Librarianship, Limitless Opportunities”.The Congress aims to prepare Filipino librarians in responding to the opportunities, challenges and limitless possibilities brought about by ASEAN integration.
In this connection, a call for papers is being conducted. The Conference Committee encourages the submission of oral (professional) or poster (professional and/or student) presentations. The presentation should be in line with the theme and the following sub-themes/topics:
- ASEANization (e.g. Awareness; Opportunities; Mobility; Challenges)
- Education and Professional Development (e.g. Continuing Professional Development (CPD), LIS Education; Outcomes-based Education; K-12; Multi-Culturalism, Internationalization)
- State of Philippine Libraries and Librarianship (e.g. Standards; Benchmarking; Accreditation; Issues; Research Capability)
- Leadership and Competencies (e.g. Code of Ethics; Project Management; Mentoring)
- Innovations and Best Practices (e.g. Disaster Management; New Services; Valuation of Services and Collections; Altmetrics)
- Collaborations and Networking (e.g. Resource Sharing; Inter-Library Loan; Regionalism)
- Library Professional Organizations and Associations (e.g. Contributions and Commitment of Members; Benefits; Expectations)
Paper proposals (oral and poster) must be submitted on or before May 15, 2015 using the following format:
- Title of Paper (in capital letters, Times New Roman font size 14)
- Name of Presenter/s. Use * for the presenting author
- Institution/Company Affiliation (including official designation and office address)
- Contact details: email address and mobile number
- Paper abstract (not more than 300 words, Times New Roman font, size 12)
- Keywords (2-5 words)
- Regional Council to which the member belongs
- Author’s short bio (not more than 100 words for each author)
Authors whose abstracts are accepted by the Committee will be notified on or before 30 June 2015. There will also be invited speakers and experts for the plenary. Kindly indicate (PLAI Congress Paper Submission [ either Oral or Poster ( Professional or Student )] Category) as the subject upon submission of paper to: PLAI Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com)]. Submitted abstracts (oral and poster) will be published in the PLAI 2015 National Congress Handbook of Abstracts. Full papers (oral presentation) will undergo peer-review for possible inclusion in the PLAI Journal. Full papers (oral) and Powerpoint files are to be submitted via e-mail by 30 September 2015. Approved oral presenters (one author per paper) will be provided with airfare subsidy (maximum of P3,000), free registration, accommodation.
Papers submitted for oral presentation may be accepted/considered as poster presentation due to the limited number of available slots for oral presentation. For poster presentation, each Regional Council is encouraged to have a representative for both professional and/or student categories. Regional eliminations may be conducted by regional councils. Posters shall be printed in a 2x5ft size tarpaulin/photo paper by authors and brought to the conference venue. There will be an hour session for poster viewing and author(s) should be present to interact with the audience. Best poster presentation will be awarded with 5,000 cash prize. Poster presenters (one presenter per poster) shall be entitled to a 50% discount in the registration fee.