Theme: “Inclusive. Innovative. Interconnected.”
The Philippine Librarians Association, Inc. (PLAI), in partnership with the National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA), through the National Committee on Libraries and Information Services (NCLIS), will be conducting its Annual National Congress on November 19-22, 2019 in Tagaytay City.
The Philippine Librarians Association, Inc. (PLAI), cognizant of its mission of promoting the interest and welfare of its members, and developing capacities for quality library and information service, believes that librarians and information professionals, along with libraries, archives, and museums, should be inclusive, innovative, and interconnected.
- Examine the role of libraries, information centers, archives, and other cultural heritage partners and institutions in building inclusive, innovative, and interconnected societies;
- Recognize efforts, advocacies, initiatives, programs, projects, and services in libraries, information centers, archives, and other cultural heritage partners and institutions, in contributing to inclusive, innovative, and interconnected societies;
- Determine the roles of librarians and library associations as key players for societal improvements and change through capacity building and professional agenda.
The Conference Committee invites submission of abstracts for paper/oral (professional category) and poster (professional and/or undergraduate student categories) presentations. The abstracts should be in line with the general theme and topics on the following:
- An inclusive community values diversity and promotes respect and equity among all its members. As such, libraries are called to be inclusive in managing resources and formulating programs and services that will respond to an inclusive society.
- A society in a changing information landscape brings about new or revitalized ideas, products, and processes that are responsive to changes. Libraries are thereby called to be innovative as well in all its products, services, methods, and processes.
- INTERCONNECTED. Despite differences and divergence, societies have connections, and are interconnected by culture, history, or some aspects. This interconnectedness in libraries are formed and further nurtured through collaboration, partnerships, linkages, and networks.
Paper/oral presentation (Professional Category): 15-20 minutes presentation, with 5-10 minutes for questions/critique during the Research Colloquium.
Poster presentation (Professional and Undergraduate Student Categories): Presentation describing the research project with the aid of the text and visuals in the poster. Authors must be present to interact and respond to the questions from the participants.
Abstracts for paper and poster presentations should be submitted using the following format:
- Title of Paper (in capital letters, Times New Roman font size 14)
- Name of Presenter/s. Use * for the presenting author
- Institution/Company Affiliation (including official designation and office address)
- Contact details: email address and mobile number
- Paper abstract (not more than 300 words, Times New Roman font, size 12)
- Keywords (2-5 words)
- Regional Council to which the member belongs
- Brief author’s biography (maximum of 3 pages)
- Professional/ Government/ Company ID (For Librarians: PRC license should be valid/updated by the time of the Congress)
Abstracts must be sent to: PLAI Conference Committee email@example.com
Use PLAI Congress Abstract Submission [Paper or Poster (Professional or Student Category)] in the subject line.
Please be informed that only upon the acceptance of the full paper (for oral presentation) by the Committee that you will be invited to present your paper during the Research Colloquium on November 19, 2019 in the afternoon.
|April 1, 2019||Announcement of Call for Papers|
|June 1, 2019||Submission deadline of abstracts|
|June 7, 2019||Notification of accepted abstracts (paper and poster)|
|July 5, 2019||Submission deadline of full papers (oral presentation)|
|August 5, 2019||Final notification of acceptance and invitation for presentation (paper and poster)|
|November 19-22, 2019||PLAI National Congress 2019|
Paper presenters: waived registration fee for one author per approved paper
Poster presenters: 50% discount on registration fee for one author per approved abstract/poster
All selected abstracts will be published in the PLAI National Congress 2019 Book of Abstracts. Full papers (oral presentation) will undergo peer-review for possible inclusion in the PLAI Journal.
Due to the limited number of available slots, submitted abstracts not selected for paper presentation may be considered for poster presentation.
For the poster presentation, each Regional Council is encouraged to have submissions for both professional and undergraduate student categories. Regional eliminations may be conducted by the Regional Councils for this purpose.