The Philippine Librarians Association, Inc. (PLAI), in partnership with the National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA) through the National Committee on Libraries and Information Services (NCLIS) and the National Library of the Philippines (NLP), will be conducting its Annual National Congress on 21-24 November 2017 at the SMX Convention Center Bacolod, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental.
With the theme “Libraries Take Action: Providing Access and Opportunity for All”, this year’s Congress aims to:
- Understand the UN 2030 Agenda and the role of libraries in the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs);
- Recognize the role of libraries as agents of knowledge development through the implementation of various information literacy programs and providing open access to information and communication technologies (ICTs);
- Identify strategies on how libraries can be venues of community development through partnership and collaboration with the different stakeholders of society;
- Engage libraries, archives, and other heritage institutions in safeguarding cultural heritage in all its diverse forms;
- Advocate the roles of librarians and library associations as key players for social change through capacity building and professional agenda.
In line with this, we are inviting you to attend this year’s National Congress. There will be parallel sessions sponsored by sectoral library associations to discuss topics relevant to the different type of libraries (i.e. academic, public, school, and special). Moreover, the General Assembly will be held to present updates and provide a venue for discussion of concerns relating to the Association and to the profession in general.
The Congress registration fees are as follows (accommodation NOT included in any of these rates):
(Payment must be deposited on or before 30 September 2017)
(Payment must be deposited from 01 October to 15 November 2017)
(after 16 November 2017)
|Inclusive of meals (3 lunches, 6 snacks, 1 fellowship dinner), Congress kit, and certificate|
|Inclusive of meals (6 snacks only), Congress kit, and certificate|
Due to limited seats, online registration is required at http://registration.plai.org.ph. This year, only paid participants can register online and avail the discounted rates. Payment must be deposited to:
Bank Name: BDO
Account No.: 451 000 1102
Account name: Philippine Librarians Association, Inc.
Deposit slip should be scanned and uploaded upon registering online. For PLAI Members, Official Receipt of their 2017 Membership Annual Dues should also be scanned and uploaded. Official Receipt for the registration fee shall be issued onsite during the registration which will start at 1:00 PM on 21 November 2017.
Participants shall be responsible for booking their own accommodations. The local organizers may arrange for optional tours to local heritage sites, libraries, museums, and other places of interest in Bacolod City for a fee after the Congress.
Interested attendees may inquire with the following PLAI Officers:
- PLAI 2017-18 National Board of Trustees firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- Michael A. Pinto Tel (078) 8440539 Mobile 0926 8330266
- Rhea Rowena U. Apolinario Tel (02) 9818500 loc. 2869 Mobile 0928 5059283
- Venus I. Guyos Tel (078) 8441822 loc. 300 Mobile 0977 1241948
- Elisa V. Garcia – Host (for local information/accommodation needs) Mobile 0921 670 9420
Requests for DepEd Advisory, CSC Announcement, and CHED Memo are being processed. PLAI Congress 2017 is also being applied for as a CPD Program.