The LIS Refresher Program is designed for fresh graduates of BLIS and MLIS who wish to strengthen and update their knowledge in preparation for entering the library and information profession.
The program features leading professors and practitioners in the field, covering the following topics:
- Cataloging, Classification, Abstracting, and Indexing: Foundations and New Standards
- Building and Managing Collections for Libraries
- Providing Reference and Information Services
- Managing Libraries: Theory and Practice
- Utilizing Information Technology in Libraries
- Managing Archives and Records Centers: Theory and Practice
The program comes in three formats as follows:
|On-site Regular w/ Online Features||June 18, 2017
July 2, 9, 16, 23, & 30, 2017
August 6, 13, 20, & 27, 2017
September 3, & 10, 2017
(Sundays, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM)
|On-site Intensive w/ Online Features||September 4 to 15, 2017
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (excluding Sunday)
|Online||Opens: June 18 2017
Closes: September 19 2017
The Online Program includes various course materials, presentation slides w/ lecture notes, and learning assessment tools.
Both On-Site Programs consist of almost 100 hours worth of classroom instruction, practical workshops, and learning assessment activities together with full access to the Online Program features above.
Comprehensive diagnostic and post-program assessment tests are included across all Programs as well.
Registration opens on APRIL 1, 2017. (http://libraryanihan.org/registration/)
For more information, contact:
Sonia M. Pascua
Program Director, LIS Refresher Program
981 – 8500 loc. 2869